To begin, let’s make it clear that FBA means Fulfillment by Amazon. It is a system or program that allows anyone in the world to sell items on the Amazon platform, with the advantage of being able to store them in their warehouses and also Amazon is in charge of sending them to customers, handle all refunds, returns, and provide excellent customer service. Fabulous, isn’t it? It is incredible what is possible today with the help of technology.
However, this does not mean that we do not have any responsibility as a seller. What it does mean is that we can free up a lot of time to focus on other businesses, spend more time with our family, or dedicate ourselves to doing our hobbies.
The Amazon FBA program can help you eliminate many headaches and also scale your business, let’s see in 6 steps how the system is summarized.
- Create an account as a professional seller: If you do not have an account, you can see our post Open a Professional Seller Account on Amazon. If you already have an account, you can log in here.
- List the products on the central seller platform: If you still don’t know-how, you can see our post How to Sell a Product on Amazon.
- Prepare your products: Make sure your products are ready so they can be safely transported to the customer’s hands.
- Send your products to Amazon: Create shipping plans to amazon warehouses, track inventory, track and wait for amazon to receive them and enable them to put them up for sale.
- Customers order their products; Amazon prepares packages and ships to customers: Customers with PRIME membership will have a free and fast shipping benefit-eligible by Amazon
- Amazon offers customer support on the products we sell: The amazon customer service team handles customer inquiries, reimbursements, and order returns, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you need more information about Amazon FBA, you can learn via an FBA course. I hope this information has been useful to you if you have any questions you can leave your comment or you can also contact us.